||Jakar town, Bumthang
is a complex of four valleys - Chumey, Choekhor where JAKAR DZONG is located, Tang
Bumthang is also a name which echoes a magic charm
in the whole of Bhutan.
dark forests grow and mysterious waters flow, hiding parts of the history
of Bhutan and strange legends. it is a land graced by many temples and
monasteries built along the centuries by famous religious saints such as Pema
Lingpa, Guru Rimpoche and Longchen Rabjampa.
LHAKHANG is named after the body print of Guru Rimpoche which
is preserved in a cave inside the oldest of the three buildings.
temple was built in 1652 by the Trongsa penlop. The third buildings
is a new lhakhang built by the Queen Mother Ashi Kesang Wangchuk in 1990.
DZONG was first built in the 16th century AD. This Dzong was
destroyed in 1897, by an earthquake and by fire. It was totally rebuilt
at the beginning of the 20th century.
Perched on a ridge in the centre
Choekhor valley, it houses the headquarters of the Bumthang district.
LHAKHANG is believed to have been built in 659 on the same day
as Kyichu Lhakhang near Paro by a Tibetan king.
The central figure of the
lhakhang is Jampa, the Buddha of the future. Later there was added
more temples. The temple was visited by Guru Rimpoche during his visit